Grief and loss are part of our human experience. Whether you are someone who has rituals and processes for coping with losses as they occur or put them aside to “deal with later,” circumstances in life may be stirring a need to spend time reflecting on a loss or losses. Being in a gathering with others also on the journey can be affirming, supportive and help you connect with this common thread that stitches us together through life, whether or not the losses are similar. There is strength and beauty in gathering in a circle and being present for one another.
This daylong retreat is designed to allow participants to reflect on their losses as deeply as they feel ready, be that a toe in the water or diving in headfirst. The day will include group ritual, writing prompts, walking the labyrinth, collage and time for personal reflection to allow creative room to engage with grief. Self-care and time to do what feels appropriate for YOU will be affirmed. Attendees are never required to share or participate in an activity if they need to step away.
The retreat will be held at Hidden Lake Retreat (http://hiddenlakeretreat.com/) nestled in Eagle Creek, Oregon, a 50 minute drive east from downtown Portland. Vibrant wild life (such as beaver, river otter, salmon, deer, coyote, bobcat and over 40 species of birds), a host of cedars and other native trees, a holly orchard and seventy-five-year-old rhododendrons grace this special land. The owners and hosts, Judith and Lauri, will prepare an amazing on-site lunch, made with fresh, local and organic ingredients whenever possible. The grounds encourage rest and time away from the busyness of life and the comfort needed to do grief work.
- There is no writing experience necessary!
- The use of the labyrinth will be explained.
- Maximum number of participants is 15.
- Retreat is for women or those who identify female.
- Retreat is set up to be a gentle, non-judgmental space for sharing, or not sharing, what you are writing, creating,feeling, and experiencing. Guidelines are offered at the start of the retreat to create our sharing container.
- Lunch and snacks are provided as well as tea and coffee.
- Self-care is always affirmed and taking time to move, breathe and stretch during retreat is encouraged.
- Cost - $145.00
READY TO JOIN ME?